Keeping your skin healthy and glowing is very important, as skin is an essential organ of the body. Your skin protects you in more ways than you probably know; it’s your natural barrier. With that being said, taking care of your skin and creating a skincare routine is a must! A routine will help your skin do its job better and longer. Also, maintaining a healthy diet can help your skin as well being as though certain foods can cause an outbreak for some, such as dairy. Make sure to do your research and then start your healthy skin journey!
Skincare has become a huge focus for me over the last couple months. I have acne-prone skin and always struggled to figure out how to at least keep the breakouts down to a minimum. Once I can accomplish such, I will work on the dark spots and blemishes. From going to a dermatologist to trying a numerous amount of products, I have not found ‘the one’ yet. However, I finally came across some products that seem to be making a difference and wanted to share for all those going through some skin issues of your own.
Before I share my products and how I use them, I will admit that in the photos of me, my skin does not look as bad as it could and I am very grateful for that (when I did have really bad breakouts, I did not take photos because I did not feel good about myself). Nonetheless, I have always had the little annoying breakouts and bumps here and there and permanent dark spots that I am way over! Everyone skin is different and everyone has their own skin journey. This one is mine!
Current Skincare Products/Routine
My skincare routine is pretty basic with a minimal amount of affordable products. I do not like to use too many products due to the fear of breaking out or causing any irritation. Before starting my routine, I take off any makeup I have on my face, as I am sure most of us do. Then everything else follows…
- Cleanser – After removing all make-up from my face, I like to dampen my face and go in with my cleanser. I used to be addicted to Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub but recently replaced it with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub. I love this cleanser and have seen a noticeable change in the appearance of my skin. As stated in the name, it is for acne-prone skin as it contains salicylic acid but anyone can use as a daily cleanser that exfoliates as well. My face is super soft after washing with this product and my breakouts have actually ceased so far. So right now I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CLEANSER! lol
- Toner – More recently, I have been using the Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner w/Rosewater after cleansing my face and I am wondering why I was not using a toner before….like girl!! More importantly, toner has helped the overall look of my skin. Although, I have small problem areas and dark spots, my skin still gives a healthy glow and sense of smoothness! I appreciate this because when wearing makeup, I have a smooth surface in which is easier to conceal what needs to be covered without texture.
- Alternate Toner – If I am too lazy to grab some cotton pads and my witch hazel or just in a rush, I like to use the Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads as my toner. Now I know the name of this product says its cleansing, which is true, but for me personally it works so good as a quick grab and go toner. This pad cleanse any leftover dirt my cleanser did not get and reduces oils that can lead to breakouts. I also notice some blemishes are fading slowly but surely thanks to the good ol’ tea tree oil that also leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed.
- Moisturize – Clean & Clear Essentials Dual Action Facial Moisturizer is my holy grail skincare product since day 1. I love this stuff so much! This moisturizer contains salicylic acid which I stan for and it also very lightweight which I double stan for. A moisturizer that treats my acne and moisturize my skin at the same time is A OKAY with me! I will say if you have really dry-skin this product may be a little too lightweight for you but still give it a shot.
- Facial Brush – Technically this is not a product but more of a tool. I have been testing out the Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa Facial Cleansing System and so far so good. Once again, when I am not being lazy, I will use this tool instead of my hands (which I probably shouldn’t use anyways) for cleansing my face. I like that this tool comes with three different brushes that serve different purposes. There’s a daily cleansing brush, an exfoliating brush and a silicone brush for those with dry, sensitive skin. I like to use the exfoliating brush more than the others just because I can feel it removing the dirt and debris from the lower layers of my skin and that’s exactly what I want. This tool is a bit on the pricier side but it is usually discounted. The original price is $130.00 but they are currently selling for $50.00. Thankfully, I purchased mine for only $25.00 on black friday.
Although these products are working out for me currently, I want to add a couple more products into my routine. I plan on picking up some Vitamin E oil to use for my dark spots and because I hear it is very beneficial for the skin. I also want to get into more face mask as well so if you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments!
Links are inclued for all products mentioned just in case you are interested in trying one or two or more out. I definitely recommend them all! Talk to you soon <3